The Minnesota Lions Diabetes Foundation, Inc. is dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with diabetes by funding research to cure diabetes, providing education and sponsoring preventive health activities.
The Minnesota Lions Diabetes Foundation was founded by the Lions Clubs of Minnesota and their dedicated volunteer members who are strongly committed to improving the lives of people with diabetes by raising funds and collaborating with partners to do diabetes research, diabetes education, and sponsor preventative health activities that provide a caring and valued community service while helping to find a cure for diabetes.
• Raises funds to support research to find a cure for diabetes
• Provides funding for education, screening, programs, and services related to diabetes
• Minnesota Lions Diabetes Foundation has provided more than $2 million to fund diabetes research, education, screening, programs, and services devoted to diabetes.
Among the research initiatives Minnesota Lions Diabetes Foundations has supported:
• Finding a cure for diabetes
• Human islet transplantation
• Generating organs for transplant
• Development of anti-rejection drugs following transplants
• Stopping body’s immune system from attacking pancreas islet cells